In the Autonomous Digital Enterprise, Enterprise DevOps naturally extends the principles of software DevOps to surrounding business processes across an organization to optimize for the rapid and continuous delivery of applications and services.
What Is an Autonomous Digital Enterprise?
The Autonomous Digital Enterprise is a forward-looking view of the future state of business, one in which agile, customer-centric, insight-driven companies evolve their operations to survive and thrive in the midst of persistent disruption. Enterprise DevOps is one of five technology-enabled tenets that galvanize and sustain the Autonomous Digital Enterprise.
Current Business Challenges
In the 2019 State of DevOps Survey, practitioners considered “elite” recovered from incidents 2,604 times faster than low performers.* Since only 1 in 5 fell into the elite category, challenges to adopting DevOps across the enterprise are still prevalent, including:
- Lack of communication across siloed structures
- Processes outside the scope of core DevOps that provide slow feedback and delay deadlines
- Existing systems and software that don’t support DevOps practices and integration
- Manual workflows hampered by people and process hurdles
- Post-release bugs that lead to costly fixes and higher mean time to repair (MTTR)
- Decreased quality, velocity, and efficiency from a skills gap in supporting existing systems and software
*Source: 2019 State of DevOps
How Technology Helps
By enabling end-to-end automation, frequent releases, and creative collaboration across the enterprise, DevOps principles applied comprehensively can quickly lead to value. Enterprise DevOps can be applied successfully through continuous improvement principles, cultural and behavioral changes, and technology optimized by artificial intelligence, machine learning, and automation to help businesses:
- Discover processes and bottlenecks outside software DevOps
- Automate and streamline compliance governance
- Create a frictionless environment for success
- Re-engineer areas like project planning, architecture alignment, and service management
- Yield direct feedback from crash and failure monitoring
- Modify metrics, controls, and policies to automate scanning, testing, and reporting
Solving Business Challenges
We’ve identified select business use cases where Enterprise DevOps can solve for these challenges. Download our e-book to learn more.
Extend development processes organization-wide for greater speed and flexibility.
BMC Compuware ISPW
Modern mainframe CI/CD tool to quickly and safely build, test, and deploy mainframe code
BMC Compuware Topaz
Agile mainframe development and testing suite for developers of all skill levels
Acelere a entrega de serviços digitais com a orquestração do fluxo de trabalho de aplicativos