Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
It is the policy of BMC Software, Inc. to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, age, sex, creed, color, religion, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, national origin, disability, marital status, pregnancy, disabled veteran or status as a protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
2. Scope and Compliance
This policy applies to all BMC employees. All BMC employees are required to comply with this Policy as described in the Overview of Company Policies. BMC observes the fair employment laws in each respective jurisdiction in which we operate.
3. Policy Statement
BMC Software, Inc. complies with all applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment. This policy is to provide all employees equal employment opportunity and shall apply to all employment practices and actions, including but not limited to recruitment or recruitment advertising, hiring, upgrading, downgrading, promotion, transfer, demotion, layoff, recall, termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation and selection for training, including apprenticeship and all other terms and conditions at all levels of employment.
We are strongly bound by this policy, and therefore take specific steps to:
- Base decisions of employment to further this policy;
- Apply the policy at all BMC locations when making employment decisions such as recruitment, hires, promotions, compensation, benefits, transfers, Company-sponsored training, education, education assistance, social and recreational programs.
It is our belief that our continued success depends on our ability to attract, develop, and retain a highly competent workforce, and on the creative, effective, and productive use of all our human resources. We are convinced that talent exists across all population groups. We conduct our business with due regard to the human dignity and innate worth of each individual.
3.1. Affirmative Action
BMC Software Inc.’s policy regarding Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity, BMC Software Inc. has developed a written Affirmative Action Program which sets forth the policies, practices, and procedures that BMC Software Inc. is committed to in order to ensure that its policy of nondiscrimination and Affirmative Action for qualified individuals with disabilities and qualified protected veterans is accomplished. This Affirmative Action Program is available for inspection by any employee or applicant for employment upon request between 8:00 am to 5:00 pm CST at the Human Resources department.
Any questions should be directed to the CEO, your supervisor, Human Resources, or the Policy Owners in Section 6.
4. Roles and Responsibilities
- CEO – Is committed to the principles of Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity. To ensure dissemination and implementation of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action throughout all levels of the company posting it in common areas whereby employees and applicants have access to the information described herein.
- Policy Content Owner/Executive Oversight – Establish and maintain an internal audit and reporting system to allow for effective measurement of BMC Software Inc.’s programs.
- Management – Management is obliged to lead the way in establishing and implementing affirmative procedures and practices which strive to create equitable employment opportunities for all.
- Employees and Candidates for Employment – The successful achievement of an inclusive employment program requires a highly cooperative effort and it is the expectation that employees and candidates for employment conduct themselves in a way that promotes this policy.
If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click below: