We are delighted to announce that we are live with our Fall 2023 release, packed full of innovations that are the result of BMC’s relentless focus on making our customers’ lives easier.
BMC Helix Operations Management with AIOps
In this release, we’ve rolled out several enhancements for BMC Helix Operations Management with AIOps, including:
- Service blueprints: Only solution in the market to offer out-of-the-box service blueprints, which make it easier than ever to create and maintain dynamic service models. With support for microservices, Kubernetes, cloud, and application performance monitoring (APM), these dynamic service models are automatically updated, ensuring accurate service models are used in today’s ever-changing IT environments.
- Situation explainability powered by causal AI: Set a new standard for incident resolution by correlating incidents with similar current and past occurrences to generate the best action to resolve the incident swiftly. BMC HelixGPT streamlines the process with concise, plain-language summaries of how issues were resolved. Probable root cause reports can be created and “remembered” for future use.
- AIOps situation fingerprinting powered by AI, GPT, and NLP: Powered by advanced causal AI, situation fingerprinting automatically identifies whether a similar situation has previously occurred, eliminating the need to (re)diagnose a situation. This enables easier future identification to help speed MTTR, reduce noise and staff toil, and improve service performance.
- Improved deep container auto-detection: With BMC Helix’s advanced discovery capabilities, users can benefit from automated detection and in-depth understanding of their containerized environments. This capability enhances knowledge sharing across the site reliability engineers (SREs), services owners, and operations teams responsible for modern, dynamic, containerized environments.
BMC Helix Operations Management now includes generative AI enhancements for digital operational efficiency and speed. BMC HelixGPT uses integrated large language models (LLMs) to harmonize traditionally siloed data sources across service and operations management (ITSM/ITOM) environments.
BMC HelixGPT allows users to seamlessly manage and operate secondary storage and generates plain-language summaries, making it quicker and simpler for IT operators to understand an issue rather than decoding a string of output error codes, saving time and effort.
Dynamic service modeling
For IT teams working in complex business environments, finding the root cause of a problem can mean hours spent toggling between systems, dashboards, and log reports. This results in longer resolution times and less bandwidth to spend on strategically important work. Dynamic service modeling—the practice of creating a service infrastructure model that stays up to date in real time—helps teams work faster and make time for innovation by providing a source of truth for complete infrastructure monitoring.
The first step to enabling dynamic service modeling is to ingest data from sources across your cloud-based, on-premises, hybrid, and third-party environments.
BMC Helix Continuous Optimization provides growth forecasting that accurately predicts and aligns resources with critical business drivers that accelerate innovation, allowing you to:
- Replace time-consuming, manual model development: Provide faster insights and increase decision-making accuracy to align resources with future business requirements
- Right-size resources to align with future business requirements: Business Service Prediction uses advanced analytics to forecast growth of each business driver with existing capacity accurately
- Increase visibility and service assurance: Dynamic Service Model integration increases visibility of business service health using comprehensive consolidated views of application and infrastructure data
- Accurately predict cost and resource requirements for migrations to cloud: BMC Helix Cloud Migration Simulator increases decision-making accuracy when planning for on-premises to cloud migrations to reduce time, complexity, and cost
- Increase compliance and staff productivity: BMC Helix Intelligent Automation automates policies and processes for change requests to ensure appropriate approvals and improve talent management and employee experience
- Increase security and minimize risk: Unified views and common notification services ensure data integrity by reducing complexity associated with managing notifications from multiple platform components